De Castro & Robles was established in 1956 by Woodrow de Castro (rip) and David Robles (rip). During its first 20 years, the firm actively practiced before a US District Court located in the Canal Zone, with emphasis on admiralty and maritime matters. Upon entry into force of the Treaty between Panama and the United States in 1979, and anticipating the disestablishment of the US District Court, Woodrow De Castro, and David Robles were appointed to the presidential commission that created the first Maritime Court of Panama and the Maritime Code of Procedure (Law 8 of 1982) and the Maritime Court of Panama. Many years later, other partners of the firm, Gabriel Sosa and Alberto Lopez Tom, participated in the commission that amended Law 8 and created the Second Maritime Court of Panama.
By the end of the eighties and the expansion of their professional practice, new members entered the firm. The level of clients of De Castro & Robles, required the expansion of its portfolio of services to meet a wide array of needs, thus, De Castro & Robles became a full-service firm, expanding to practice areas such as Financial, Administrative, Civil, Commercial, Labor and Criminal Law.